Job Description – Equipment Technician / Mechanic
Job summary: The equipment technician/mechanic is responsible for maintaining the entire fleet of golf course maintenance equipment including some golf car maintenance while placing safety as a top priority.
Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent
- · Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment.
- · Communicate any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent in a timely manner. Help to instruct and train golf course staff regarding preventative maintenance, proper cleaning, and safe operation of equipment.
- · Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work including the ability to recognize when priorities need to be reassessed.
- · Maintain a preventative maintenance program and orders repair parts and replacement supplies.
- · Keeps records for repair and preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- · Spends time out in the field checking the performance of equipment and making repairs or adjustments in the field when necessary.
- · Oversees the shop area cleanliness and maintains an organized work area.
- · Provides exceptional quality of cut daily on all pieces of mowing equipment.
- · Will be encouraged to participate in on golf course maintenance activities when necessary or when time allows.
- · Accomplish all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- · Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on snow moving equipment.
Education and experience:
- · High school diploma or equivalent.
- · Secondary education in a mechanic related field preferred but not required.
- · Four years minimum experience and equipment maintenance work closely related field.
- · Preference will be given to candidates with experience in golf course maintenance field.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- · Skilled in the use of a variety of tools.
- · Working knowledge of all golf course maintenance equipment preferred.
- · Skilled in welding and light metal fabrication.
- · Basic computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- · Ability to diagnose mechanical issues and determine appropriate repairs and maintenance.
- · Maintains a current valid driver’s license.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. Heavy lifting is requirement. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colored vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time - Hourly
- · Partial paid medical insurance
- · 401 K with employer match
- · Dental Insurance
- · Paid Vacation / Sick time
Apply online at: www.greystonelinks.com/contact/employment
Or send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org