Onondaga Golf & Country Club
Green & Grounds
Golf Course Superintendent
Onondaga Golf and Country Club is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent who is a highly motivated, organized, and energetic team leader. The Superintendent is responsible for the daily operation of golf course and Club grounds maintenance, capital improvement projects, and management of department personnel.
· Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of all areas of the golf course
· Responsible for determining irrigation requirements and setting up nightly irrigation
· Implements fertility and pesticide programs and monitors effectiveness.
· Schedule and perform water amending i.e., acid and wetting agents
· Scout golf course for disease, nutrient response and longevity, soil moisture, and course details
· Supervises pesticide applications and ensures properly calibrated pesticide application equipment
· Supervises and participates in the operation, repair and maintenance of pumps, irrigation systems, central irrigation computer, and drainage systems.
· Assists in Human Resource Management (record-keeping) and evaluations, implementing employee training and safety programs, personnel discipline/conflict resolution, seasonal employee hiring, and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
· Communication with related departments as needed/daily basis
· Leads snow removal operations
· Record keeping of all pesticide and fertilizer applications and man hours
· Maintain organization and cleanliness of maintenance facility
· Maintain other recreational areas associated with club property
· Always exemplify professionalism
· Minimum 2-5 years’ experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or 1st Assistant
· Minimum 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management or related field
· Pesticide Application License - Required
· Class A Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America -Preferred
· Valid Driver's License
· Computer skills required, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways, roughs, and bunkers
· Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course maintenance
· Skill in supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating, and motivating personnel
· Knowledge of safe use, mixing, and application of chemicals and commercial products
· Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules, and methods of play.
· Knowledge of irrigation systems and water usage.
· Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments
· Ability to work well under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain a high level of attention to detail
Compensation is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package along with Paid time off, Health, Dental, 401K and a GCSAA membership.
Send Resumes to Mark Davies
7003 East Genesee Street
Fayetteville NY 13066