Assistant Grounds Superintendent
Reports to: Grounds Superintendent
Supervises: Grounds crew employees
Classification: Salaried exempt
Education and/or Experience
This candidate must be highly driven, team-oriented, and possess a great attitude
Certificate, 2–4-year turf grass related degree
Prior experience as an Intern, Assistant-in-Training, First or Second Assistant is preferred
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
Self- motivated and hard worker with a positive attitude and proven leadership skills for diverse
- Strong attention to detail to provide members with exceptional playing conditions.
- Strong irrigation/drainage philosophy that conforms to firm and fast conditions.
- Ability to schedule, train, and supervise staff on all turf related equipment
- Knowledge of calibrations, pesticide applications, fescue areas and bent grass/poa
- Ability to clearly communicate with members, staff and management
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course
superintendent. The assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the whole golf course. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his absence. The superintendent’s objective is to assist this individual in reaching their career goals by strong networking and industry ties. The candidate must be highly driven, team-oriented, and possess driven.
- Assist in the implementation of the Master Plan
- Oversee operations of all golf course maintenance that provides our members and guests with championship golf experience on a daily basis.
- Prepare daily work schedules and supervise employees and the use of equipment on a daily basis.
- Moisture Management to provide firm and fast conditions daily.
- Implement cultural practices to manage all playing surfaces.
- Supervise calibration, application, and record keeping of pesticide applications.
- Supervise and participate in the operation and maintenance of pumps, irrigation, and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
Licenses and Special Requirements
Able to obtain a NY pesticide applicator license
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
As a fulltime employee, an option to participate in a comprehensive benefit package is available as well as pro shop discount, golfing privileges, and cell phone.
Please call: Ben Carroll (315)882-4947