Turf Equipment Technician
By Turning Stone Resort,
Verona, New York,
This position assists our other four mechanics with the equipment upkeep for (3) Championship golf courses, (2) 9 hole courses and our resort grounds. Two of our championship courses are ranked in Golf Week's Top 100 public courses you can play.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in diesel, electric and gasoline-powered grounds maintenance equipment.
2. Performs routine servicing and preventative maintenance of equipment.
3. Repairs hydraulic lines and electrical circuits.
4. Performs general overhauling and disassembles motors as needed.
5. Maintains accurate and up-to-date records related to preventative maintenance and repairs performed.
6. Maintains the parts inventory, ensures that an adequate supply is always available and orders necessary parts and shop supplies when needed.
7. Maintains detailed records of parts and labor per equipment and continually analyzes records to find effective cost saving measures.
8. Assists in establishing and implementing comprehensive preventative maintenance programs.
9. Assists with implementing cost control measures to keep expenses in line with approved budgets.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Extensive knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment.
2. Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
3. Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical circuitry and welding principles.
4. Extensive knowledge of the theory, care and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
5. Experience in the maintenance of a variety of golf course maintenance equipment.
Valid New York State driver’s license (or ability to obtain one upon establishing residency).
Health Insurance, 401K match 5%, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, uniforms, tools provided, etc.
Date Job is Available
$18.00-$20 starting based on experience + Overtime(upstate NY low cost of living)
Job Application Instructions
For more information and to complete an online application, please visit our website at www.turningstone.com/careers.