Director of Facilities
M-F 6:30m to 3pm
Maintain grounds at the direction of the Lead Grounds in all aspects of landscape, facilities maintenance and event setup activities. Perform some specialized grounds maintenance functions, such as certain equipment operations and maintenance of turf athletics fields. Assist other departments with routine furniture moving, room/event set-up tasks, painting, plumbing, concrete, dry wall, light electrical and perform other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain grounds in summer: mow and fertilize lawns; plant grass, irrigation, trim and prune trees spraying of weeds, fertilize trees and shrubs, remove weeds, spring clean-up and so forth.
· Maintain grounds in winter: Remove leaves, remove snow and ice from parking lots and sidewalks, using shovels, snow blowers and plows, salt and sand, stake grounds as markers for snow season.
· Pick up trash around buildings/grounds and empty trashcans and recycle bins process.
· Perform specialized grounds maintenance tasks, such as maintaining athletics fields, nets, field markings, prepare for sports events and maintain artificial turf fields.
· Assist with basic construction tasks related to grounds maintenance (ditch digging, cement work, laying tar and asphalt, parking and directional lines, road drains, fences and sign installation, etc).
· Carry out other special work orders, copy paper.
High school diploma / GED preferred, reading and writing ability at ninth-grade level required, supplemented by at least three (3) years of experience in general grounds keeping/landscaping, and/or general maintenance work or an equivalent combination of training and experience, required. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the Nichols Community. Must be able to initiate, understand and follow through with oral and written instructions and work independently. Must have excellent follow-through. Must be flexible. Regular attendance is required. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Valid New York driver’s license, required. Subject to on-call status as needed or on-call status/recall in the event of emergencies.
Must have physical capability to be able to negotiate ladders and scaffolding. This
position involves extensive bending, stooping, walking, pulling, kneeling, shoveling,
and light to medium lifting.
Exposure to various paints, chemicals and solvents. Exposure to inclement weather when working outdoors. Exposure to high heat and noise conditions when working boiler and other mechanical rooms.
Juan Carlos Fontaneda CPMM, CEO
1250 Amherst st, Buffalo, NY 14216