Golf Course Superintendent
En-Joie Golf Club
722 West Main St
Endicott, NY 13760
Responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests, and the property.
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Director of Golf on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
- Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
- Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations, and policies for staff.
- Supports and assists with membership seminars and orientations.
- Works closely with the Director of Golf and Commissioner of Public Works to operate the golf course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and on the facility grounds – including the off-site driving range.
- Manages a water usage tracking plan for the irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting on water source usage.
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action as needed.
- Maintains and reports accurate time and payroll records.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment.
- Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements.
- Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
- Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Thorough knowledge of maintaining golf course of greens, fairways, bunker, ponds, and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating, and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve work conflict with supervisors, officials, employees, members and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees, bunkers and/or greens.
- Highly motivated and dedicated individual with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- 3-5 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory position preferred.
- Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Current Pesticide Applicators License.
- Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
- Salary of $63,371/yr
- Enrollment in the NYS Retirement System
- Health Insurance provided
- Annual Dues
Please send resumes to Michael Deuel : email@example.com