Golf Course Superintendent
The Montrose Country Club Montrose, PA
The Montrose Club is a 9-hole private golf course located just below the New York State border in Montrose, PA. We are looking for a motivated individual that is willing to take a hands-on approach when it comes to every facet of golf course maintenance.
This full time management position is responsible for the golf course and entire property maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, pesticide applications, and irrigation system management. Our facility has a Toro SitePro Irrigation System with SitePlus satellite boxes and central computer system, also including flowtronics pump station and onsite water.
- All aspects of course maintenance including assisting with mechanical duties
- Pesticide applications and record keeping to remain Pennsylvania compliant
- Staff hiring, training, and supervision
- Ability to take on projects such as tee and bunker renovation
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Work with a Board of Directors and Club Manager
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- · Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, tees, fairways and roughs.
- · Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens
- · Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course maintenance work.
- · Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- · Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals.
- · Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements
- 2 or 4 year degree in turf related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in golf course maintenance
- PA pesticide license is required or the ability to obtain one
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Local and National GCSAA dues
- All costs associated with pesticide license renewal
- Golf and Meal Privileges
- This position can be flexible regarding months worked per year
- Position to begin March 15th
Please send resumes in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org