Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
||Golf Course Maintenance
||New Canaan, CT
START YOUR APPLICATION
Country Club of New Canaan located in New Canaan, Connecticut is seeking an energetic leader as their next Assistant Superintendent to be entrusted with development and management of the golf course.
The successful candidate desires to be a Golf Course Superintendent in the next four years.
To learn about our rich history dating back to 1962, please visit https://www.ccofnewcanaan.org
Why Country Club of New Canaan?
- A family atmosphere that balances work and life.
- Expansive industry support network to grow your career within the golf, turf and the club industry
- Active membership and club community that will invest in our facilities and team members.
- Exposure to 2022 and 2023 large scale renovation with famed architect, Andrew Green, being completed in two phases including full bunker renovation, new tee boxes, new short game area, new 18th green, and new practice tee with attached indoor/outdoor hitting center.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $60,000 to $70,000 dependent on experience
- On property housing
- 401K after a year with a club match
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Summer and Winter Uniforms
- Golfing Privileges
- Lunch and Dinner provided by the Club
- IRA plan with employer match
Successful traits of candidate:
- Positive attitude, demonstrates good listening, communication, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to multitask in a changing environment, changing priorities with attention to detail.
- Works independently in a “fast-paced” environment
- Great personality, energetic, problem solver at heart, and takes pride in good decision making
- Working as part of a team, Interacting with people from other departments, and building rapport with members and guests.
Initial Priorities of the Position:
- Learn culture and daily operations, so our team can provide the best playing conditions for the members on a daily basis.
- Hands on with fertilizer, pesticide applications, water management, course set up and daily maintenance.
- Develop rapport with team and direct report, so they can make an immediate impact on the 2022 season.
- A 2 or 4 year degree/certificate in agronomy horticulture / plant/ soil sciences is recommended but not required.
- Ability to obtain a Connecticut pesticide license within 90-days
- Experience in golf course management is not necessary, but preferred at least 1-year in the turf/landscape industry.
- Knowledge of the game of golf and turf industry
Located - 1 hour north of New York City and 2 hours and 45 minutes south of Boston.
The original nine holes were laid out by Willie Park Jr. during his first visit to the United States in the summer of 1895. The work on the original four holes was performed by the club members and commenced in early June and by the 4th of July 1897 the four holes were ready for play. The full nine holes measuring 2,677 yards were open by 1900. The second nine was designed by Walter Travis in the early 1920s but were only partially completed when cost overages forced the club to abandon the project. The project was eventually completed in 1947 based largely on the original Travis design with additional holes designed by Alfred Tull after the club purchased additional land where holes 5, 14 and 15 are today.
The club is recognized as one of the 100 oldest clubs in America. The club celebrated its 125th anniversary in 2018.
START YOUR APPLICATION
Visit Our Home Page
© 2022 TBloom