Turning Stone Resort Casino
Team Member Career Opportunity
Job Posting Number: 1635 Date Posted: January 20, 2022
Department: Golf Grounds Closing Date: March 7, 2022
Job Title: Assistant Resort Grounds Manager Licensing Level: Non-Licensed
Status: Full-Time Classification: Non-Exempt
Under the Resort Grounds Manager's supervision, the Assistant Grounds Manager is responsible for the landscaping and maintenance of grounds outside of the golf courses including the clubhouse area, Turning Stone Resort property, the RV Park, and The Inn. The Assistant Grounds Manager may serve in the Resort Grounds Manager's capacity during his/her absence.
· Oversees the grounds maintenance, ornamental beds, and cleanliness of grounds outside the golf courses including the clubhouse areas, Turning Stone Resort property, Tower Winter Garden, The RV Park, The Inn, and SavOn flower areas.
· Assists with managing a large staff of employees which includes assigning and directing work, developing work schedules, conducting performance reviews and administering corrective counseling as required.
· Continually inspects all grounds for their condition and maturity and notes those areas requiring maintenance.
· Assists staff with hands-on work including weeding, edging, trimming, pruning, and deadheading of existing materials.
· Assists with managing snow removal for all Turning Stone properties, delegating tasks to all Golf & Grounds employees during the winter months.
· Maintains a working relationship with contracted vendors. Entrusted with yearly annual orders from local growers.
· Ensures that the staff is fully trained in all aspects of their positions including the proper and safe use of equipment.
· Reviews payroll reports for accurate work hour totals and makes adjustments when needed.
· Participates in the interviewing and selection process for new employees, ensuring that staffing levels are maintained and the most qualified candidates are hired.
· Assists in the development of departmental budgets, implementing cost control measures to keep expenses in line with approved budgets.
· Consistently follows all administrative procedures to ensure appropriate information is submitted to Human Resources regarding each employee in a timely manner (i.e. Leave of Absences, terminations, status changes, etc).
· Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
· Conducts performance appraisals of direct reports and ensures performance standards are achieved by staff; participates in and/or makes recommendations related to employment actions such as hiring/firing, promotion and disciplinary procedures.
Position Minimum Qualifications:
- · Associate’s Degree in Horticulture, Landscape Design or related field; Bachelor’s preferred.
- · Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required; supervisory experience preferred.
- · Experience in supervising, hiring and training grounds staff and excellent leadership, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- · Requires knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, soil conditioners and pest control methods and materials.
- · Valid driver’s license required.
- · Must be available to maintain flexible schedule.
- · Must possess or be able to obtain a state pesticide license within three months of hire date.
Position Physical Requirements:
· Repetitive motion of hands, wrists and fingers for constant pushing, pulling, fingering and grasping in the use of tools and equipment.
· Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach.
· Must have close visual acuity in order to inspect, operate and repair equipment.
· Must be able to work outdoors under conditions ranging from extreme hot to extreme cold.
· Subject to noise and electrical, mechanical, chemical and explosive hazards.
- · Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques.
This job description is intended to be illustrative of the position duties & should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions of the job.