Kless Myers Golf Management (Owasco Country Club) is looking to fill the position of Superintendent for the 2022 Golf Season. This is a great opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the best management team for course improvement and stability in the CNY golf market! Owasco is one of the oldest clubs in all of CNY. Established in 1901 and designed by the world renowned team of Stiles and Van Kleek this beautiful 9 hole-layout sits on the shores of Owasco Lake. The lake not only enhances the beauty of the property but is the source of an unlimited water supply feeding the dual row decoder based irrigation system. The selected candidate will be tasked with bringing this unique and beautiful golf club back to its most pristine condition.
1. Maintains all grounds including the golf course and clubhouse at Owasco Country Club.
2. Schedules and performs all fertilizing and chemical applications.
3. Supervises and develops employees in the maintenance department.
6. Informs management about present and future maintenance activities.
7. Coordinates scheduling of all personnel assigned.
8. Communicates frequently with the ownership to discuss activities, goals, plans, and member/customer feedback.
9. Prepares and manages annual budget plan for the golf course maintenance operations.
10. Oversees all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment.
11. Enforces a comprehensive safety program for employees of the maintenance department.
12. Supervises maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation and other mechanical watering systems.
13. Develops chemical and fertilizing plans on an annual basis.
14. Ensures high quality playing conditions for guests of the property.
15. Prepares and maintains all record keeping for maintenance department.
16. Engages members and guests in a pleasant and respectful manner.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Pesticide Applicators License required.
· 2 or more years in Golf Course Maintenance Management.
- Experience with bunker restoration, greens shaping, and other course construction a plus
· Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state, and federal laws.
· Team player willing to work with members, vendors, and guests.
· Must have solid communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be organized and efficient with careful attention to detail.
· Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range $35,000 - $50,000 DOE
Benefits include: Family membership privileges for Owasco, Sunset Ridge and Lyndon Golf Course
Continuing Education contribution
Applicator’s License fees and CNYGCSAA dues paid
Length of Season: March 1 – Nov. 30
Hourly off-season work possible
Cover Letter & Resumes to: AMyers@klessmyersgolfmanagement.com