Golf Course Superintendent at Amsterdam Municipal Golf Course
BrightView Golf Maintenance is recognized nationwide as the leader in golf course maintenance services.
We are currently searching for a Full-Time Superintendent to work at one of our golf courses.
The ideal applicant will be a self-starter and have a stable work history. The superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation and management of a golf course. He serves as the liaison between the company, the customer representative and the golf shop on matters concerning daily course
operation. He shall be easily contacted and will, in turn, be in contact with the key employees on the golf course at all times. The superintendent must be able to respond quickly to any situation.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Plan, organize, and direct maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to the technical specifications of the contract.
* Partner with the customer to understand or develop a long term property improvement plan.
* Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment assigned to the course.
* Prepare and operate within annual budget estimates.
* Prepare and follow an annual agronomic plan that operates within the technical specifications of the contract and the annual budget.
* Procure and manage supplies and materials to support maintenance activities.
* Create and distribute report of maintenance activities as required.
* Manage golf course employees including interview, hire, training, discipline and separation.
* Protect the company’s interest by an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations including course and company policies.
* Fulfill administrative duties timely. Administer all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program and the BrightView BV360 Management Program.
* Represent BrightView Golf Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude, appearance and speech.
* Maintain effective employee and public relations.
* Meet or exceed external and internal customer expectations.
* Experience in all phases of golf course management and turf culture.
* A working knowledge of the construction, establishment, and maintenance practices employed on golf course putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
* A degree or advanced knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, plant or soil science. High degree of administrative and executive ability including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
* Certified and /or licensed for pesticide usage.
* Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners. Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, wells and automatic controls and drainage.
* Able to prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf. Able to evaluate the course from the player’s perspective.
* Valid driver’s license.
We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) plan with match and educational reimbursement. Cell phone and uniforms also provided.
Date Job is Available
Contact – Vincent.email@example.com 413-297-5988