Highland Park Golf Course
3068 Franklin Street
Auburn, NY 13021
The Golf Course Superintendent directly reports to the greens chairman, and board of directors. The GCS is responsible for the management of all day-to-day operation and maintenance s of the golf course to include turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management maintenance of tee boxes, fairways, roughs, greens, bunkers and other course landscaping. Supervise all fertilizer and chemical applications on the facilities grounds in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Manage the irrigation system operation, maintenance and repair as needed. Supervise seasonal support staff and train as needed. Maintain course equipment fleet, maintenance, repairs, and supplies as needed. Effectively communicate with the Board, Golf Pro, course membership, and all other players. Developing and adhering to an annual budget.
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Greens Chairperson and Golf Professional on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
- Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
- Works closely with the Greens Chairperson in operating the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Will function as a actively working supervisor.
- Communicates continuously with the Greens Chairperson on all matters pertaining to the course.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and landscaping on the facility grounds.
- Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements and tending to high stress areas.
- Provides detailed annual plan for the various property levels and the designated landscaping areas. .
- Manages a Rainbird irrigation system and provides monthly reporting on retaining ponds, wells and other water source usage.
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Monitors employee performance and exercises disciplinary action.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Oversees employees in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
- Assists the Greens Chairperson in developing an annual operating budget and plan for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
- Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, officials, employees, members and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens.
- 5 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Pesticide Application License
- Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
send resumes to Gary Giannotta at email@example.com
Last modified: 26 Apr 2022 2:14 PM | Anonymous